Fannie Pie: New finished objects and Olympic knitting!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New finished objects and Olympic knitting!

I finished my Must Have Cardigan some time ago as well as a fuzzy Noro jacket. I still have a couple of loose ends to weave in and need buttons, but pretty much done!
V kindly took some photos for the blog... front and back

and a silly one that sorta shows the sleeves... I love this sweater!

Here is the Fuzzy Noro Kochoran sweater- super fast knit! I think this took me about 10 days to knit.. it was a month or so ago, could that be right? It's a knitting pure and simple pattern, top down with little seaming and took less than 5 skeins of Kochoran. I like the way knitting it top down makes the stipes match perfectly!

this yarn is so soft and fluffy, this will be wonderful once the weather cools off a bit. ( although I can't complain- it's been in the 70's and 80's !)

I've also started my first magic loop socks. I love dpn's but decided it was time to try this method. Turns out I love the magic loop too! I thought I might be a little faster knitting the magic loop, and I might be a bit. I'm reluctant to make that call based on one sock. These are Knit Picks Felici- super soft superwash wool- but very little stretch!

Finally, I've joined Ravelympics on Ravelry and have finished one sock for the sock put competition. These are Berroco Sox in a pretty purpley colorway. Also knitting up pretty quick! Barring any serious mishap, I should finish in plenty of time for the closing ceremonies!

Back to the Olympics!


Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

Very pretty. The colors on the felici sock are the best.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Both sweaters just knock my lights out, they are SOOO beautiful!
Those socks are pretty fab too :^)

Say Hey, are those your mamma's short pants????? (heeeeeeee)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Constance said...

Oh pretties! I'm also (unofficially) in the Sock Put--I, um, need to update my projects page. A lot.

Dagnabbit--was Knit Night this Monday? Cause if it was, I missed it. Again. Curses.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous anniam said...

I bow to your knitting prowess. Speedy and beautiful a great combination!

3:44 PM  
Blogger ann I am said...

Howdy!! Just checkin' in--was out of the office fri, so if you e-mailed--missed it. Got the warp all threaded last night but it was TOO SHORT--ARGHHHHH, not a mistake, that just learnin' right?


8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters