Fannie Pie: New finished objects and Olympic knitting!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New finished objects and Olympic knitting!

I finished my Must Have Cardigan some time ago as well as a fuzzy Noro jacket. I still have a couple of loose ends to weave in and need buttons, but pretty much done!
V kindly took some photos for the blog... front and back

and a silly one that sorta shows the sleeves... I love this sweater!


Here is the Fuzzy Noro Kochoran sweater- super fast knit! I think this took me about 10 days to knit.. it was a month or so ago, could that be right? It's a knitting pure and simple pattern, top down with little seaming and took less than 5 skeins of Kochoran. I like the way knitting it top down makes the stipes match perfectly!

this yarn is so soft and fluffy, this will be wonderful once the weather cools off a bit. ( although I can't complain- it's been in the 70's and 80's !)



I've also started my first magic loop socks. I love dpn's but decided it was time to try this method. Turns out I love the magic loop too! I thought I might be a little faster knitting the magic loop, and I might be a bit. I'm reluctant to make that call based on one sock. These are Knit Picks Felici- super soft superwash wool- but very little stretch!


Finally, I've joined Ravelympics on Ravelry and have finished one sock for the sock put competition. These are Berroco Sox in a pretty purpley colorway. Also knitting up pretty quick! Barring any serious mishap, I should finish in plenty of time for the closing ceremonies!


Back to the Olympics!

5 Comments:

Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

Very pretty. The colors on the felici sock are the best.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Both sweaters just knock my lights out, they are SOOO beautiful!
Those socks are pretty fab too :^)

Say Hey, are those your mamma's short pants????? (heeeeeeee)

3:56 PM  
Blogger CinnabarsKnitter said...

Oh pretties! I'm also (unofficially) in the Sock Put--I, um, need to update my projects page. A lot.

Dagnabbit--was Knit Night this Monday? Cause if it was, I missed it. Again. Curses.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bow to your knitting prowess. Speedy and beautiful a great combination!

3:44 PM  
Blogger ann I am said...

Howdy!! Just checkin' in--was out of the office fri, so if you e-mailed--missed it. Got the warp all threaded last night but it was TOO SHORT--ARGHHHHH, not a mistake, that just learnin' right?

Cheers

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters