Fannie Pie: Happy Holidays

Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Holidays

It's seems like December zipped by this year. Spending a week without power certainly didn't help. Although some of my knit night friends made good use of the powerless week. I didn't get much knitting done because my fingers were too cold! I had light and after a while heat from the generator, but still didn't get much knitting done. I am done with all my knitted presents now- but this Christmas will always be remembered for being 'off'.



All in all I'm very happy that I didn't end up with a sycamore tree in my house or any other kind of damage. I realize that although the week was disorienting and annoying it wasn't the worst thing in the world. It has actually been very interesting to talk to everyone about what they did and how they coped. Some went to a hotel, some stayed with friends while others stayed home and hunkered down. I think this is something that people will remember for a long time.



I'm looking forward to a relaxing Christmas. We will see family and have great food and have a wonderful time. I hope you will too.



You Are a Gingerbread House
A little spicy and a little sweet, anyone would like to be lost in the woods with you.
What Holiday Food Are You?

5 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

Amazing wasn't it?
It'll probably be known as the ice storm that took Tulsa down... as in big Knock Down!

Aw, a Gingerbread house... sweeeet!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

I tried to knit, but everything I did looked like it had been knitted in the dark. I am going to be knitting 24-7 this weekend to get everything done before Christmas.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll sure never forget this year! My parents', sons' and our house all without power--ours for 9 days!

I couldn't knit at all last week and now I don't have time, so everyone is getting partial gifts, bags without handles, or IOUs for socks.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Eric & Tony said...

Hizzah for hunkering down! We beat the ice, ha!

Happy Holidays!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

Happy new year to you and your family, see you next week at knitnite.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counters